I found this idea on another blog and thought it was fun. So here it goes. It is not quite finished.
1. I am a Christian.
2. I grew up as the middle child of 5. I have one of each (older sister, older brother, younger sister, younger brother.) Later I discovered an older half-brother that had been adopted out of the family.
3. I was raised be an amazing mother.
4. My parents divorced when I was 4 and I rarely saw my father.
5. My father died in 1992.
6. I graduated with an Elementary Education major from college. I am also licensed to teach speech and theatre.
7. I married a pretty neat guy.
8. I am the mother of three beautiful boys. Two that are just entering their teen years (13 and 14) and one toddler.
9. I teach 2nd grade, but have taught babies to 9th graders.
10. I am a better resource finder than teacher.
11. I am passionate.
12. I generally believe that I am right and that I am pretty smart. (So, consequently, I think people should listen to my opinions.)
13. I am afraid of Dalmatians and taxidermied animals.
14. I grew up poor. (Single mom, 5 kids. I watched as she was on welfare putting herself through college twice to become an RN. She was awesome.)
15. I over volunteer at a Children’s Theatre. I am on the Board of Directors and spent 3 years as the President.
16. I think I am pretty and have good hair.
17. I wear bangs most of the time to cover the serious wrinkles in my forehead from the, “Are you serious?” look that I give students.
18. I am overweight. Currently about 30 pounds, but I have lost 100 thanks to gastric bypass surgery.
19. My boys have ADHD and one is on the Autism spectrum.
20. I have AMAZING friends.
21. I am outgoing and shy. 🙂 It depends on the situation.
22. I am a terrible money manager.
23. I love to craft, but don’t do it very well.
24. I waste a lot of time on the computer.
25. I worry too much about housework.
26. I have a dog, cat, and a guinea pig (oops, guinea pig died).
27. There are many things I like the idea of, but not the application, i.e. camping, gardening, exercising, cooking, etc…
28. I like to bake.
29. Sometimes I’m not easy to get along with (see #12.)
30. I want to write a book.
31. I sing…a lot.
32. I am postally challenged. If I have to mail it, it won’t happen.
33. I am old-fashioned about a lot of things.
34. I like Sudoku.
35. I have a hard time sitting and watching movies at home.
36. I am constantly trying to declutter, but then I go to the store.
37. I am self-reflective.
38. Suzanne knows me better than anyone, with the exception of my husband.
39. I love Netflix for cable reality TV.
40. I was a nanny in New Jersey.
41. I have a nasty temper.
42. I am more judgemental than I like.
43. I am not that fond of summer or winter. I love spring and fall.
44. I used to be nicer.
45. I am a survivor of domestic violence. (NOT my husband, but an old boyfriend.)
46. I am a good teacher.
47. Purple is currently my favorite color.
48. Parenthood is currently my favorite show.
49. If I had a daughter she would have been named Aslan Aurora. Aslan from The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe. Aurora from Aurora Leigh.
50. I have big feet, size 11.
51. I don’t like teaching Sunday School.
52. I seriously have anxiety attacks at Bass Pro Shop (see #13.)
53. My favorite family phots are the ones where we are all dressed in some themed costuming (for example the civil war period.)
54. I love to read outloud in strange voices.
55. I’ve met an incredible number of famous people considering I live in Iowa.
56. I have notebooks of “soap operas” that my friends and I wrote in high school. Typically I was the love interest of Simon LeBon of Duran Duran.
57. I would have failed Music Reading Skills in college, but I dropped the course.
58. I have went skydiving.
59. My sister threw a butter knife at me for stealing a bite of her toast. I have the scar to prove it.
60. I went to college with a theatre scholarship.
61. I love the HBO series Dead Like Me, and am sad it’s over.
62. I do not like teaching science or art, because they are too messy.
63. I have a tatoo.
64. I love cold chili and cold spaghetti for breakfast.
65. I no longer drink soda–ever. It makes me ill.
66. I dated 2 guys with the same uncommon last name, and ended up marrying one of them. No they were not related. They spelled it differently.
67. I can’t speak Spanish although I’ve tried to learn and my stepfather was Hispanic.
68. I love Karman Ghia convertibles.
69. I think I’m funny. 🙂
70. I’m not afraid to speak my mind–usually.
71. My friends say one of my gifts is discernment. I’m not sure.
72. I am a video game junkie. I love games like The Sims, Fairy Godmother Tycoon, Sally’s Salon, and well you get the picture. 73. I used to watch soap operas, but haven’t since my kids were born. (Nor the desire)
74. I am not tolerant of people that play the victim.
75. My dog ate my retainer and now my teeth are messed up again.
76. I have always secretly loved paper dolls.
77. I can’t keep a check book.
78. I am addicted to Facebook.
79. I am terrible about keeping up relationships. (This would be one reason I love Facebook!)
80. I have never worn a watch.
81. I’m afraid of needles and so I got a tatoo. I am afraid of heights and so I went skydiving. (Both the same summer.)
82. I’m really not an animal person, but have 2 pets. I probably won’t replace the cat when she passes, and maybe or maybe not the dog.
83. The best desert I wish I had never shared was in Galena, Illinois. It was White Chocolate Mousse cannoli with raspberry Sauce.
84. I make an awesome mocha pecan pie.
85. I have a secret wish that my guys will clean the house (the whole house) just once without me having to tell them too.
86. I have issues with not having a clean house.
87. I don’t like the circus. I’m sure someone is going to die in front of me. It gives me anxiety attacks.
88. I love it when people are able to think for themselves. (I think this is from guiding so many kids all day long. Why do they bring me a pencil that they found on the floor and ask what to do with it?)
89. People think I am more computer savvy than I really am.
90. I like pedicures.
91. I also like a good massage.
92. I’m not a morning person or a night owl. I’m really more early afternoon. 🙂
93. I can speak Openglopish, but I can’t understand it when people speak it to me.
94. I lived for 7 years with a Hispanic (we called him a Mexican back in the 70’s) stepfather, but can’t speak any Spanish. (This really sucks when you teach a mostly Hispanic class.)
95. Although the first question I asked my students this year was, “Did you read this summer?”, I never read an actual book this summer. I sort of skimmed a professional book.
96. I’m too serious.
97. I love dancing all by myself.
98. I’m a lot more introverted than anyone EVER thinks.
99. I hate filling out any kind of application and sending snail mail.
100. I think life is too short.