It is Friday night and instead of working on my costume, I chose to blog. This is a weekend that I have been looking forward to for a while. Tomorrow night is our theatre’s fund raiser. We do an adult murder mystery dinner. I pushed for this. Some didn’t think we had enough time. I wasn’t sure. Just over two weeks ago when we hadn’t sold any tickets, I was in agreement. Now that we have 65 people (at least–and that is assuming that no one shows up at the door) I’m still not sure we are ready. I’m not. My costume isn’t even done. Did I mention that I only ordered food for 60? Does anyone else see a problem or is it just me?
I made Todd go and clean the carpets at the theatre today. It took over 4 hours. They look great. He didn’t complain. I’m thankful about that. Tomorrow a crew of us are cleaning and setting up. I’m a nervous wreck.
So this weekend I need to:
- finish my costume
- finish oldest son’s costume
- bake treats for church on Sunday (may buy from Wal-Mart)
- make dessert for the Murder Mystery (may buy cheesecake from Wal-Mart)
- correct 26 Reading Response journals each with 7 entries
- watch Juno (plan to knit while doing this)
- Call Suzanne, read her blog and you can tell she needs to talk
You know that is really it. Writing it down it doesn’t seem so overwhelming. I can do this. I am actually very excited about the Murder Mystery. If only we had enough food…